Above - the EQ7 design sketch. I don't fuss a lot about getting the colours to match up exactly because I usually don't know what colours I'm going to use, exactly. Depends on what I have. But I did have a general idea of the colours based on a bundle of fat quarters I wanted to use - and I have a ton of that lime green.
Above - the finished top - it's actually pretty close to the sketch. Below - locked and loaded - ready for quilting.
Above - all quilted and bound. Below, close ups of the quilting. Lots of ruler work - but also lots of freehand. Notes for the quilters out there: I didn't spend a lot of energy/time quilting in the printed areas because it just wouldn't show up. But, as usual, I went a little nuts in the solid areas where the custom quilting would show up. Also - my original intention was to leave the grided areas unquilted, but in the end, I put the grid into them because some of them were just too big and needed something.
I named it "Key Lime Galaxy" because I was thinking stars. I Googled "star names" and one of the hits that came up was Fantasy Name Generator with a sub-page Galaxy Names. One of the names that it generated for me was "Lemon Galaxy". I thought "close - but not quite right - quilt is lime green". So I thought "Lime Galaxy" - then I thought "Key Lime Galaxy". My mind works in a weird sort of way I think. Either that or I'm always thinking about food.... (Key Lime Pie).