There are No Rules when freehand (or hand guided) quilting, which is why I love doing it. I try to make the quilting enhance the personality of each quilt. Freehand quilting means each quilt will be truly unique - even the same design is different every time.
- Low density, all over design: $0.03 per square inch
- Thread charge: $1.50/bobbin
- Customized block designs or other types of designs or additional requests - we'll discuss and determine a customized price.
- Binding: $0.25 per inch - machine stitched to the front, then hand stitched to the back.
- $30/hour for addition labour such as making the backing, stitching on a leader if needed, etc.
- Minimum Charge: $50
- Hobbs 80/20 cotton/poly, Hobbs Wool or Hobbs 80/20 cotton/wool batting is available.
Spend a few minutes cleaning up the loose threads on the back of the quilt top - pay special attention to dark threads that spill over onto light coloured block fabric - these can show through if not removed.
To load on to the quilting frame, backing should be at least 12 inches longer than your quilt top in one direction (I actually prefer more if you have it - you can always trim it off later) and wider than the quilt top in the other direction by at least 6 inches. Backing should be cut square (90 degrees from the side) at the ends - no jagged edges or angled cuts.
Quilt top and backing should be well pressed.
Batting should be a minimum of 6 inches longer and wider than the quilt top.
If the above preparation points cannot be met, there are "work-arounds" we can discuss.
I do not trim the backing/batting from the quilted quilt unless requested.
Quilting is done in a pet free, smoke free environment.